Serving: Alabama - Tennessee - Florida



Have you ever thought about the reason you really do need have home owners liability insurance?   This type of insurance is about financial protection – for you and your family.

Let’s face it.  Lawsuits are common today. If you accidentally injure someone or damage their property, you could be sued. And more and more, juries are awarding very large verdicts.

The personal liability coverage within your homeowners policy usually provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others for which you or your family members are legally responsible. Under personal liability coverage, the insurance company defends you if you are sued, and pays damages to the injured person.  The following are most common incidents in which one may be sued for damages.

Dog bites.  A typical home insurance policy includes liability coverage for damages and injuries caused by you or other members of your household – including pets.  If your dog was to attack someone, this opens you up to legal action.  (But be aware that some homeowners policies specifically EXCLUDE covering your pets.)

Home accidents.   Even if a person comes onto your property uninvited, such as a salesperson, you can be held liable for any injuries they sustain – if you are found to be negligent. An example of a home accident caused by negligence is a guest tripping on loose carpet that you failed to warn them about. A claim could result from an injury sustained by a visitor who fell because of a loose stairway railing that you failed to repair or that loose step you have been meaning to fix.

Falling trees.  Falling trees are common hazards during storms. If you have a tree on your property that falls and damages your neighbor’s house or car, you can be held responsible. If you own a tree that poses a hazard, it’s up to you to trim the branches or have the tree removed entirely.

Injured domestic workers.  If you hire domestic workers to clean your home or care for your lawn, you have the potential for liability claims when they are injured on the job.  (Some domestic workers have worker’s compensation insurance to cover lost wages and medical payments if they are injured while working in your home. If these workers are hurt on the job, this coverage covers their losses. However, many domestic workers are independent contractors who aren’t required to have worker’s compensation coverage.)  If you’re found to be liable for their injuries, your homeowner’s insurance may be required to pay the claim.

Like homeowners, renters need liability coverage also. If you reside in the home, you could be held responsible – regardless of who owns the home.

In the event you are injured on the premises of another and need legal advice, please call or go to, there is no obligation and we will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Our Locations:

307 S. McKenzie St, ST 101 Foley, Alabama 365358 - Phone: 251-970-5467

262 German Oak Dr, Cordova, Tennessee 38018 - Phone: 901-767-3520

1211 West Garden St, Pensacola, Florida 32501 - Phone: 850-434-9944